Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 Days to Happiness

This, being the first day of Lent, is my first Blog.

When talking with my husband yesterday, Ash Wednesday, about what I could "give up" for Lent, or what "extra effort" I could give during the next 40 days, various things came to mind:

- Give up desserts (but not really a valid "effort" when I have already given up dairy due to nursing issues, so maybe I was eating only 4 desserts a month anyway)

- Eat only fruits and vegetables (somewhat unrealistic as a nursing mother)

- Avoid arguing with my husband (although the effort would be appreciated by all, I see as a set-up for failure)

Seeing as I have already:
1) Given up Facebook
2) Given up Dairy

My husband asked me to make an effort to be HAPPY. And in doing so, he asked me to tell him a joke every morning when I wake up.

The truth be known, I AM struggling with being happy in my daily life.
But, What do I have to NOT be happy about?

- I have a loving husband who takes care of my family and I.
- I have 4 wonderful and healthy children.
- We want for nothing and we have more than we deserve.

I SHOULD have a smile from ear to ear. I think maybe I take life too seriously, too personally. God asks us to be happy, and make other so also.

So here I start my journey to be HAPPY being ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment